Welcome Back BBQ a sizzling success
September 6, 2011
Filed under Valencia News
Valencia’s “Welcome Back BBQ” on West Campus was fired up Thursday by the Student Government Association and other volunteers. The patio was filled with tables, tents, fliers, freebies, and free food.
The SGA had a few tables of their own, such as a donation table where a person could donate one dollar for Alzheimer’s research and receive a thank-you snack. There was also a table promoting intramural sports at Valencia and the creation of gendered soccer teams. They are currently searching for a coach to lead the teams once the everything is fully established.
Valencia Alumni were present at a table promoting membership. Current students can join the Alumni group and receive a bi-annual magazine called “Vitae,” This publication has information about the group and, more importantly, about scholarships.
Last 5 stories in Valencia News
- Peace and Justice Initiative host Bangladesh diplomat - November 8, 2013
- Cuban blogger visits Valencia - November 6, 2013
- Confronting reality, American feminist talks at East Campus - October 28, 2013
- Painting the college green, West Campus hosts Sustainability Day - October 28, 2013
- Free-running past lands student a spot on 'American Ninja Warrior' - October 17, 2013