NALEO day 2: Marco Rubio makes opening remarks
By Marianella Zapata Noriega / firstname.lastname@example.org
June 22, 2012
Filed under News
Marco Rubio charmed the NALEO crowd on Friday, June 22 at their 29th Annual Conference in Orlando.
Opening his speech by welcoming the attendees in spanish, and inserting a few jokes, Rubio’s speech quickly got serious as he tackled his views on illegal immigration and immigration reform.
Using his family’s experience Rubio explained the impact his family’s move to the United States had on him and what he has accomplished, and stressed the importance of dealing with immigration not only as a law enforcement issue but also a human issue.
Last 5 stories in News
- Ousted? Tensions run sky high at recent Valencia board meeting - April 22, 2013
- New building now open on Osceola - April 16, 2013
- Valencia’s theater director moves on after 30 years of service - April 16, 2013
- Brazilian film fest on West - April 9, 2013
- Senator speaks at campus event - April 2, 2013