BREAKING: Zimmerman released from county jail
April 23, 2012
Filed under News
George Zimmerman was released from jail just after midnight Sunday after posting bond.
Zimmerman was fit with an electronic monitoring device prior to his release, and will remain at an undisclosed location while he awaits his May 29 arraignment.
The Zimmerman family collected the $15,000 necessary to secure Zimmerman’s release, ten percent of the $150,000 bond set by Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester.
Zimmerman is charged with the second-degree murder of 17 year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26 while patrolling his gated community as part of a neighborhood watch program.
Lester determined Friday in an Arthur hearing that Zimmerman must inform law enforcement of his whereabouts every three days. It is still unknown if Zimmerman will remain in Florida while awaiting his arraignment.
Last 5 stories in News
- Ousted? Tensions run sky high at recent Valencia board meeting - April 22, 2013
- New building now open on Osceola - April 16, 2013
- Valencia’s theater director moves on after 30 years of service - April 16, 2013
- Brazilian film fest on West - April 9, 2013
- Senator speaks at campus event - April 2, 2013