With the cold being right around the corner, the Christmas season is finally here! That means it’s time to break out the old lights and the oversized Santa inflatables your family has kept in the shed for the past year.
This time of year is filled with joy. Take the chance this year to create some DIY decorations, dress in your warmest clothes, hit those holiday sales, eat your heart out, and spend time with your family and friends. Remember to stay warm, stay safe, and have the happiest Christmas season!
Here are just a few things you can do to have that perfect Christmas season:
- Search the web and stores for some good sales. Most stores have holiday deals for gift season and for Black Friday. This is a good time to catch up on necessities for work or the house.
- Add a bit (or a lot) of color to your wardrobe and your and home. Colors such as burgundy, reds, black, green, whites, and even blue can all create an array of wonder. Websites such as Instagram or Pinterest have an infinite amount of DIY’s to decorate homes with lights and different style techniques to spice up a new look. You could say “New Year, New Me”.
- Read or search for new recipes. Discover new ways to cook meals that range from simple to high-class with basic ingredients found at Publix or Walmart. If you’re one for desserts, Betty Crocker cake, brownie, and cookie mixes can be found at most stores.
- Check the city of Orlando website, Orlando Sentinel, or Orlando Weekly for any community holiday events happening. This is a great way to meet new people in the community and spend time with friends and family. They’re also aesthetically unique for photo opportunities!
- Relax with some hot cocoa while listening to a Christmas album to complete that daily dose of Christmas cheer. Nothing marks the holidays like Michael Bublé playing in the background while having a nice cup of cocoa from Starbucks.
- Whether it’s with friends, family, or just by yourself, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities to help out those in need during the holidays. Clothing and food drives are held throughout the season, making it a perfect time to give back to others.