Welcome Back BBQ a sizzling success
September 6, 2011
Filed under Valencia News
Valencia’s “Welcome Back BBQ” on West Campus was fired up Thursday by the Student Government Association and other volunteers. The patio was filled with tables, tents, fliers, freebies, and free food.
The SGA had a few tables of their own, such as a donation table where a person could donate one dollar for Alzheimer’s research and receive a thank-you snack. There was also a table promoting intramural sports at Valencia and the creation of gendered soccer teams. They are currently searching for a coach to lead the teams once the everything is fully established.
Valencia Alumni were present at a table promoting membership. Current students can join the Alumni group and receive a bi-annual magazine called “Vitae,” This publication has information about the group and, more importantly, about scholarships.
Last 5 stories in Valencia News
- Transferring to UCF has never been so easy with DirectConnect - February 27, 2014
- Chevy awards Valencia for sustainability efforts - February 27, 2014
- Allen Bottorff becomes school's new assistant vice president of facilities, sustainability. - February 27, 2014
- Campus club helping enstill wellness in students - February 21, 2014
- Brazilian Film Fest preview (day 3) - February 18, 2014